Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 11/12

So all last week my Weather Channel application showed me sunny with no rain, and it rained just about every day last week at one point or another.  Now this week it said that since Tuesday it was supposed to storm and rain every day until Sunday... and it hasn't.  So I'm going to go with Weather Channel is completely unreliable in Australia.  We got the whole flash-flood warnings, and storm warnings the other night but so far I haven't had to climb on any roofs and fight off snakes with my bare hands (crossing my fingers that doesn't happen anyway!)

Yesterday actually turned out to be beautiful, we had a guest lecturer in class and went directly to the beach afterwards.  It was overcast, but I'd like to think that I still got a little bit of color.  I got a cute Billabong "maxi-dress" which I felt obligated to wear out that night.  It is super cute, but I wish someone would have warned me that we were going to a place that had the atmosphere of Ricks and the attire of the jersey shore, because I was definitely sticking out like a sore thumb... just imaging Snookie poofs and Jwoww tops and 4-inch heels, with me in the mix wearing a cotton floor length dress and flats, so awkward!  Anyway, it was sorta kinda fun... not the best night out though.

Today we had two guest lecturers, and then after class we had to head to the library to start the outline of our 28 page papers.  Mine is on drug control in Australia compared to the United States; I figure I can come up with 28 pages of crap for it thats for sure!

We went out for Chase's birthday at Churchhills later that day and that was fun!  $4.40 beers, now that's college kid price! Heading to the prison tomorrow morning and then to the Blue Mountains and Katoomba -- I'll update about that later!!

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment